Are you skilled at Java and crafting backend systems? Do you want to be part of an innovative, growing tech company with a familiar atmosphere and great benefits? We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join us at Smart Refill.
Join the team!
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will work in a dedicated team with around 5-8 people. Some teams focus on developing state of the art applications for our clients, who are some of the largest telcos, banks and fund companies in the Nordics. Other teams focus on our core platform and operations. You will be involved in all stages of SDLC, from requirements gathering to delivery and maintenance. The teams consist of all the roles needed to deliver excellence - typically backend, frontend (iOS, Android, web), UX design, QA and a team lead, in collaboration with the responsible Key Account Manager. Being a close-knit organization, communication paths are short and we have strong collaboration culture between teams across the company to deliver value to our customers..
We work in an agile environment and often get together to share insights among teams over fika. (We like fika!). We are constantly focused on improving the way we work: be it via a better process, or better technologies. Do you have experience in agile methodologies? Great! Want to share your knowledge? Even better! That’s how we work.
What is your cup of Java?
We are looking for more than one senior developer. Are you into working with mobile banks, fund apps and other customer deliveries? Or do you thrive on the idea of taking care of our core platform, with payment services, third-party integrations and Open Banking APIs that service the other teams? This is what we’re looking for in a senior team member:
- You love the craft of coding and are well-versed in Java.
- You have been responsible for product lifecycle and have long experience in creating services that are consumed by mobile apps and web apps in commercial contexts.
- You’re well acquainted with Spring Boot, Git and Jenkins. We also use Linux and MariaDB.
- You can critically analyse tools and technologies to address a given problem.
- You never compromise on quality and scalability in your work.
- You write highly readable and reusable code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- You’re knowledgeable, humble and curious and can act as a mentor for junior developers.
- You communicate effortlessly in English (Swedish is a +) and are ready to collaborate with both our internal Smart Refill teams and customer representatives/architects/project managers.
Our tech stack
We build SaaS services with native, hybrid and web apps on top. We have created a flexible stack of services and apps that utilize Open Banking frameworks, payment intermediaries and PFM. The applications we build are the main consumers of our server services today, but in the future, we will open for external consumers (so if you have experience in PaaS it’s a +). Handelsbanken, Resurs Bank, Telia Company and Telenor are some of our customers - you can check out more frontend stuff on our website.
We believe in building scalable, resilient and secure systems with an awesome user-experience. With a mission to evolve our backend system, it’s great if you have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Payments and financial information, i.e. card/Swish, bank integrations, Open Banking, PCI-DSS environments.
- System and platform architecture, distributed systems.
- APIs that are consumed by internal/external developers.
- Infosec and compliance, i.e. CIS controls, secure coding guidelines, OWASP.
Smart Refill is a dynamic workplace, a company in growth. We are proud to be an E-money Institution and trusted third-party provider for banks, fund companies and telecom operators. But our view on what makes a good workplace hasn’t changed since the start-up days. Going to work should be fun, rewarding and challenging. Everyone should be able to make their voices heard. Teamwork, innovation, quality and passion are our guiding values and we’re proud of our culture and inclusive atmosphere at the office in central Helsingborg. And oh, by “central” we really mean central. We are located on top of the central station.
Apply with or without a CV - it only takes a minute or two. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Note to recruiters
No recruiters, please. If we receive unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidates without obligation to the agency.