At Smart Refill we develop digital services of the future for telecom and fintech companies. We are located in central Helsingborg overlooking the strait of Öresund. We are around 35 people, of which about 24 work in design, development and operation. If you join us, you will get a dynamic workplace, great benefits and awesome colleagues.
We are looking for a number of senior Java developers, and we would prefer if you are experienced in one or more of these areas:
Payments and financial information
Our payment platform facilitates hundreds of millions in payment transactions. Experiences we highly value include;
- Payments, especially card, direct, Swish and contactless
- Integrations with banks in general and Open Banking / PSD2 in particular
- Work in PCI DSS certified environments and in operations under the supervision of Finansinspektionen (Sweden's financial supervisory authority)
Paas and Saas
The applications we build are the main consumers of our server services today. In the future we will open up for external consumers. Platform as a Service, ie APIs and services that are built in order both to be further developed and maintain backward compatibility, documented and educational to integrate with.
- System and platform architecture
- Distributed systems
- Single and multi-tenant PaaS and SaaS
- APIs that are consumed by both internal and external developers
Infosec and compliance
It’s a craft to create secure code and secure systems. With money and personal information at stake, there are a number of things that will be valuable to carry with you;
- CIS Controls
- Secure coding guidelines
At Smart Refill you are expected to…
- Be knowledgeable, humble and curious
- Act as a mentor for junior developers
- Work in teams and be happy to help others, but also ask for help when needed
- Collaborate with developers, designers, team leads, testers and key account managers
- Collaborate with customer representatives, as well as architects, project managers, their testers and occasional business owners
We believe this about you
- You have long experience in creating services that are consumed by mobile apps and web apps in commercial contexts.
- You can and want to code
- You have been responsible for product lifecycle, ie everything from idea to launch and maintenance
- You can communicate seamlessly in English, speaking Swedish is considered a plus - application can be done in English or Swedish
How we work
We are organized in teams and each team is responsible for one or more customers or services. The team has the overall responsibility for requirements, design, testing and delivery. Some teams focus on delivering telecom and fintech services to our customers, while other teams focus on our core services and operations. A team consists of all the roles needed to build and deliver our services and products, typically back-end, front-end, UX design, QA and a team lead.
Our product stack
We create SaaS and PaaS services for telecom and fintech companies. On top of that, we build native, hybrid and web apps that are regularly used by hundreds of thousands of our customers' users.
Handelsbanken, Resurs Bank, Skandiabanken and Nowo are some of our satisfied fintech customers. We are proud that they have turned to us and pleased to see that the cooperation is constantly deepening. We have created a flexible stack of services and apps that utilize Open Banking frameworks, payment intermediaries and PFM. Our fintech solutions also win prizes, such as Handelsbanken - App of the Year 2018 by magazine Privata affärer, and Skandiabanken - Best Mobile Bank by magazine Mobil.
Telia, Telenor and Tre are some examples of telecom customers. Their prepaid card business rests heavily on our services and apps. We handle subscriptions, payments, loyalty and bonus programs as well as customer communication, content and product configuration. We are already the biggest in our field in the Nordic region. The next step is to show the rest of Europe how much better the prepaid card business will be with our stack.
We are looking for skilled system developers with long experience of building distributed services that are consumed in commercial contexts. Smart Refill provides platforms and builds engaging apps for fintech and telecom customers. We are an unusual team of designers, app and system developers as well as business developers. On the one hand, our services handle hundreds of millions in payment transactions, while our apps are praised as well-designed, innovative and useful.
Note to recruiters
No recruiters, please. If we receive unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidates without obligation to the agency.